NordicTrack equipment is the standard for many professional and home gyms, which means that a common question amongst treadmill owners is, “How to reset a NordicTrack treadmill when it’s acting up?” They might be top-tier treadmills, but with excessive use, issues do arise sometimes, which can be a problem when you want to workout.
- The Most Common NordicTrack Treadmill Problems Include:
- The Step By Step Way To Factory Reset Your NordicTrack Treadmill For Newer Models:
- The Step By Step Way To Factory Reset Your NordicTrack Treadmill For Older Models:
- How To Factory Reset WITHOUT Using The Reset Button:
- Tips To Reset Your NordicTrack Treadmill:
- Why Hasn’t The Treadmill Been Fixed After Resetting And What Else Could Be The Problem?
The Most Common NordicTrack Treadmill Problems Include:
- Console controls aren’t working as a result of the entire console not having any power. If this is the case, then you shouldn’t be able to use any of the controls and won’t be in working condition.
- Console numbers are only reading zero. Usually, when this is happening, the controls don’t work either, but sometimes you can have one without the other.
- The treadmill doesn’t decline or incline, which likely means you’ll have to go through the calibration process with your machine again to get the incline controls to go through the factory reset.
- The iFit doesn’t work. Some NordicTrack treadmills are compatible with a complex software called iFit that displays workouts from professional trainers right on a screen connected to the treadmill, however, these come with the most problems since they require more technology. The iFit Logo screen might go black, the touch screen display stops working, or it doesn’t display everything and that can lead to worse NordicTrack treadmill issues. These specific NordicTrack treadmills with the iFit app often need proper maintenance to ensure the firmware versions are updated and the workout experience remains positive.
The Step By Step Way To Factory Reset Your NordicTrack Treadmill For Newer Models:
There are different ways to factory reset your NordicTrack treadmill depending on the model, though for the most part, it’s the same or at the least similar.
Find The Reset Keyhole
There should be a tiny hole on the side of your treadmill that is just large enough for a small wire to fit through.
Once you locate it, get a paper clip and use it to press the reset button inside that keyhole.
Turn On Treadmill
While you are holding the reset button, get another person to turn on the treadmill and wait a few minutes for the screen display to turn on again.
If it worked you can re-enter your information and Wi-Fi and resume your workout session!
The Step By Step Way To Factory Reset Your NordicTrack Treadmill For Older Models:
Some older NordicTrack treadmills don’t even have a reset “hole” to put in a paperclip. If you can’t find one on your treadmill then follow these instructions.
Find The Restart Button
Firstly you’ll need to find the restart button or reset switch, which is on the front of the machine right beside the power code for older models.
Turn On Your Treadmill
At this step in the reset process, you’ll make sure the NordicTrack treadmill is well-positioned, and if you’ve dismantled any equipment that it is put together. Once that is done and the power plug is inserted into an electrical outlet, then flip the on/off power switch to the on position. Sometimes simply unplugging the treadmill and turning it off and on can fix any bugs, but if it doesn’t then continue on to the next step.
Insert the Safety Key
If it’s not connected already, put the magnetic safety key to the treadmill console and leave it there.
Press the Reset Button
Lastly, press the built-in reset button. No need to hold it down or press it multiple times, clicking once should do the trick. If that’s not the case and you’re still experiencing problems with your NordicTrack treadmill then you might have to reset without using the reset button.
How To Factory Reset WITHOUT Using The Reset Button:
Unfortunately just trying the factory reset the standard way won’t cut it and you have to try a different reset process. Luckily, it’s just as simple as the first option!
Remove the Magnetic Key
Ensure your treadmill is on and verify the magnetic safety key is not connected to the machine, otherwise, the reset will not be successful.
Press the Control Button
There should be a “stop” and “speed+” button on the standard consoles. Press and hold them both at the same time for a few minutes.
Re-insert the Safety Key
While your fingers are still on the “stop” and “speed+” buttons, re-insert the magnetic key and then release the control buttons.
Turn on Treadmill
Go to the on/off switch and turn on your NordicTrack treadmill. If you’re still having problems redo the last four steps until it goes back to factory settings and fixes the issue.
Tips To Reset Your NordicTrack Treadmill:
Be patient! Sometimes it’s an easy fix, other times it is not. Getting frustrated and missing steps could mess up the process and make things much more complicated than necessary, so breathe and then read through the steps before doing them yourself.
Try it multiple times. More often than not, just resetting one way and only once won’t solve the problem. You might have to try both ways of resetting your treadmill and try them each a handful of times.
Why Hasn’t The Treadmill Been Fixed After Resetting And What Else Could Be The Problem?
If none of the resetting methods above work then it might be something beyond what a basic reset can do. If that’s the case then what could be some other problems?
For one it could be a faulty power cord or an incorrect power cable. Just as there could be an issue with the power source like a faulty power outlet or a nearby power source that is causing the machine to short circuit, which can be resolved with a reset circuit breaker and a change in the power wall outlet.
If you don’t think it’s a power issue then something internally could be damaged or moved. There could be loose connections, a faulty magnetic keyhole, speed sensor errors, a broken motor board, or worse. If it’s something deep and the troubleshooting steps don’t make a difference then it might be time to call in a maintenance person.
Poor Wi-Fi internet connection. If you’re experiencing problems with the iFit screen there might be a poor Wi-Fi connection, which can be fixed by checking your home internet connection.
Strictly an iFit issue. With the iFit-enabled NordicTrack treadmills, you might need to contact the iFit team as there might be something maintenance-wise that is jeopardizing the iFit screen. You might just need to update iFit firmware. If you’re at a complete loss then we highly recommend contacting NordicTrack’s twenty-four-hour customer service line or submit a request for the more complicated issues.